QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety & Environment)
Hambantota International Port Group (Pvt.) Ltd. (HIPG) and Hambantota International Port Services Company (Pvt.) Ltd. (HIPS) are committed to providing and maintaining the highest quality standards in all our services by applying the best international practices in all aspects of our operations. As a responsible corporate citizen, we ensure the safety and security of all our people and the environment, while creating a favorable work environment for all our colleagues and partners operating within the port premises and the immediate port vicinity. Emphasis is placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environment protection, quality enhancement and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interest of all our Interested parties.
While the Chief Executive Officers of both companies (HIPG and HIPS) hold ultimate responsibility for the implementation of this policy at all levels of the organization, every HIP employee shall accept individual responsibility and be respectively accountable for managing the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment of the port in order to achieve the company objectives.
The HIP management is committed to:
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining ISO 9001: 2015 QMS, ISO 14001: 2015 EMS and ISO 45001: 2018 OHSMS requirements throughout the organization.
- Continual improvement of QMS, EMS & OHSMS.
- Protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution.
- Closely monitoring and taking necessary steps to minimize and eliminate any impact of our activities on the physical environment.
- Providing a secure, safe and healthy culture as far as practicable to protect people, assets, environment and operations from unforeseen injury, damage and disruption.
- Analyzing and evaluating of hazards, risks, environmental aspects and impacts associated with our activities and initiating actions to mitigate such hazards and impacts.
- Driving initiatives to achieve low emissions, low energy consumptions and minimal environmental impact for a green terminal under the Company's Environmental Management Program.
- Seeking continual improvement of our work environment and physical environment by conforming to a clearly defined set of company objectives and targets through proactive cost effective measures and by rewarding outstanding QHSE performances at the workplace.
- Ensuring a zero harm workplace exists by communicating and continually improving QHSE standards of the company with the active commitment and accountability of all employees and other stakeholders.
- Complying with all applicable legislations, codes of practice, industry standards, specifications and other requirements.
- Consultation with and participation of employees.
- Upgrading human resources by continuous professional skill development.
- ISO 45001 Certified
Applications for Supplier Registration
Standards and Best Practices
- API 650 - American Petroleum Institute
- API 653
- API 510
- API 570
- API 579-I
- API 1160
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Association
- BS - British Standards
- Oil Spill Contingency
- Fire Precautions Adequacy Certificate - HIPS
- Emergency Response Team
- HSE standards as per ISO 45001:2018
- Fitness for Purpose (FFP) by Asset integrity Services, Lloyd’s Register Asia
- Quantitative Risk Assessment Jetty and Tank farm LPG Pipe line by Lloyd’s Register Asia.