We provide a wide range of client and industry-specific services to ensure that your fleets remain in running condition. The services include bunkering, ship repairs, ship chandlers, sea marshals, underwater services, surveys, crew changes, and a Seaman Club, which is currently under construction.
The seven square kilometer maritime industrial park lies in the heart of the Port of Hambantota. Sitting at the crossroads of east-west sea trade, the zone is a one of a kind location. Its free port policy is guided by a master plan that focuses on the dynamic needs of today’s shippers and manufacturers, providing incentives in import, export and re-export.
At HIPG we value every start-up entrepreneur within our industrial zone. We aim to help you reduce the cost of launching the enterprise, by providing tenure and linking your business to the resources required to start and scale.
We are positioning the Hambantota Port to be the one-stop logistics platform that caters to all our customers, offering an integrated package that could be tailor made to your needs. Backed by Hambantota’s geographic location, we offer an unparalleled experience of air and sea connectivity.
Monday-Sunday: Open 24 hours
Dear Valued Customer,
The Hambantota International Port (HIP) has completed the implementation of the electronic vehicle clearance process for Custom House Agents (CHAs), thereby enabling them to lodge import vehicle clearance documentation and in turn receive an electronic Import Cargo Delivery Pass (e-ICDP) from HIP.
This e-Delivery process is effective from Thursday, 18th June 2020, CHAs will be able to submit documents and receive e-ICDP electronically through registered email IDs.
1. Please note emails from CHAs will only be accepted by HIP from 8.30 am – 9.00 pm on weekdays and 9.00am – 3.00pm on Saturdays. Emails sent to email@example.com will return to the sender outside of these times.
2. Clearly mention “Charge Advice No” in your payment advice.
3. Please refrain from using an ENVELOPE when depositing cash in the ATM machines. Use only ATM machines that accept direct cash.
4. When transferring funds electronically use only the CEFT mode to update deposit real-time.
5. Please ensure documents are clear when emailing to HIP.
6. This system has been implemented to ensure your security and convenience, therefore please make use of the process and avoid any personal visits to the Doc Center.
For more details, please click: Electronic Process for Local Vehicle Clearance
Your safety is our priority.
At The Hambantota International Port, the safety and well-being of all our staff and customers is our top priority. With the new case of COVID-19 reported in Sri Lanka we have strengthened our safety measures to ensure that of all our staff, customers and the general public who engage with our operations remain in good health and that activities and business at the port continues unhindered.Emergency Response Procedures are in place with 3 response levels. A special committee has been appointed headed by the CEO with all HODs as members. The following methods have been implemented at the port:
All measures are implemented according to the requirements of the health and epidemic prevention departments of Sri Lanka.