Robust partnerships and global port network
The Hambantota Port Group (HIPG) is the result of a public private partnership and a strategic development project between the Government of Sri Lanka and China Merchants Port Holdings (CMPort). Given that CMPort has already established a global standing and has investors across the world, the HIPG too is poised to play a central role in this global business network.
Hambantota International Port offers the most diversified range of services in the Port & Maritime industry in Sri Lanka. It operates across a number of business sectors, namely, RO-RO, Container Cargo, Conventional cargo, Dry Bulk Cargo, Break Bulk Cargo, Project Cargo, Liquid Bulk Cargo (LPG, LNG), Petro Chemicals, Marine Bunker Fuel and Cruise Terminals.
For ships plying the East-West route, Hambantota International Port is located mid-way between Singapore and Fujaira in the UAE, which supply over 60 million tonnes of fuel per year.
HIP provides a wide range of client and industry-specific services such as bunkering, ship repairs, ship chandling, sea marshals, underwater services, surveys and crew changes. Timely and professional provision of these services ensure that customer fleets remain in operational condition at all times.
The Port Investment Services responsibility lies with generating export oriented Foreign Direct Investments ( FDI) projects for the port industrial park, encompassing an extent of 228 hectares of land for industries to build and operate their business in addition to carrying out property management for the Maritime Center.
Hambantota International Port has been positioned as a one-stop logistics platform that caters to all our customers, offering an integrated services package that could be tailor-made according to individual customer needs.
Hambantota International Port is in the process of obtaining a vessel traffic service (VTS) marine traffic monitoring system for Port Control and Vessel Traffic Management. All vessels will be able to communicate via the Port Control on VHF Channel 16
HAMBANTOTA INTERNATIONAL PORT GROUP (PVT) LTD.Read more
HAMBANTOTA INTERNATIONAL PORT SERVICES COMPANY (PVT) LTD.Read more
- The Hambantota International Port Services Company (Pvt.) Ltd. develops, manages and operates the common user facilities at the port.
- The Hambantota International Port Group (Pvt.) Ltd. is responsible for the business development, management and operations of the port
- The Hambantota International Port is a strategic development project and a public private partnership between the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) and China Merchant Port Holdings (CMPort). CMPort is a globally competitive port developer with a port network that includes coastal hub ports across China, Hong Kong and a growing presence in South Asia, Africa, the Mediterranean and South America resulting in a port network portfolio spanning 36 ports in 18 countries and 5 continents, giving HIPG limitless access to a strong global footprint.
- In addition, Sri Lanka Ports Authority has played a crucial role in the past few decades, in making the Port of Colombo the regional hub port.
- Enjoy a panoramic view in close proximity to the port, while basking in a setting that resonates Sri Lanka's commercial excellence. With 12 story state of the art premises you will find all your business needs under one roof.
- The Hambantota International Port is the most diversified deep-water port in Sri Lanka. With a 17m depth, it is capable of handling the largest vessels afloat.
- With the most diversified range of services offered in Sri Lanka, the Hambantota port operates across several sectors: RO-RO, Container cargo, break bulk and bulk cargo, project cargo, oil and gas and cruise.
- We provide a wide range of client and industry-specific services to ensure that your fleets remain in running condition. The services include bunkering, ship repairs, ship chandlers, sea marshals, underwater services, surveys and crew changes.
- Strategically located 10 nautical miles from the East/West shipping route. We are perfectly positioned to act as a gateway to global trade giving our customers the most efficient connections.
- We provide our customers with the most efficient and reliable service standards.
- The Hambantota International Port is a free port and is set to become a leading investment hub within the region. Offering a highly customized service coupled with efficiency standards on par with international benchmarks and cost effective solutions. The seven square kilometer maritime industrial park lies in the heart of the Port of Hambantota. Its free port policy is guided by a master plan that focuses on the dynamic needs of today’s shippers and manufacturers, providing incentives in import, export and re-export.
- We are positioning the Hambantota Port to be the one-stop logistics platform that caters to all our customers, offering an integrated package that could be tailor made to your needs. Backed by Hambantota’s geographic location, we offer an unparalleled experience of air and sea connectivity.
- The Port is also focused on new technologies and environmental initiatives to boost digital information flow and sustainable and green practices throughout the supply chain.
People lead the way
HIPG places great value on maintaining solid relationships with its people. While customers play a key role so do the teams that drive the operations of the port. It is when the trust and loyalty of its people have been gained, that the port can be steered towards global recognition.
Join our team
Join us for a rewarding career in Port and Maritime industry
An equal opportunity employer welcoming individuals of all backgrounds to our family we believe in the importance of supporting our team members with career progression and development Programmes designed to assist in achieving professional goals, in a friendly ad family like environment built on respect for each other.